Montessori education is a wonderful way to teach your kids. If you are unfamiliar with the Montessori Method then you are probably wondering what types of things your child will learn. Here is a brief look at a few of the things that are taught in a Montessori school:
- 1. Practical life exercises- Doing tasks that an adult would consider normal can help a kid to learn at a quicker rate.
- 2. Sensorial skills- Developing the sensorial skills can help a child in several areas in life.
- 3. Mathematics- One of the things that Dr. Montessori discovered is that kids who have access to mathematic training will learn quickly.
- 4. Language- During the first few years of a young person’s life it is absolutely vital to learn proper language. Montessori schools help kids to learn phonetic pronunciation so that they can speak and read properly.
- 5. Geography- Montessori schools do a fantastic job at helping children to learn physical geography.
- 6. Writing- One of the most important skills that a child can learn is writing. Here at Adobe Montessori we have a specially designed program to help your child learn to write at a young age.
- 7. Cultural awareness- Cultural awareness is something that needs to be taught from a early age. Exploring other countries is a wonderful way for a child to learn about the world to develop their understanding, tolerance, and passion for others.
- 8. Music- At Adobe Montessori, music is a fundamental part of every classroom. Music will find it’s way into all aspects of the classroom.
- 9. Science and nature- One of the best ways to foster a child’s natural curiosity is through discovery projects and experiments.
- 10. Extracurricular activities- At Adobe Montessori we offer computer as well as dance and gymnastics that can be taken as extracurricular activities.
To learn more about the Montessori process and what it can do for your child, give us a call today! (480) 478-1899